Policy last updated on March 1, 2013.
Please read the following before you order so that you fully understand our shipping policy.
Warm Weather Shipping:
We know that some of the best tasting candy is the kind that melts. But it’s only good if it melts in your mouth, not when it’s on its way to you. We want you to be happy with your order so please read this section carefully!
- During the summer months, we STRONGLY recommend customers select Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air for heat sensitive candy, including gummy, taffy, marshmallow and especially chocolate candy. California customers are excluded.
- We reserve the right to not ship chocolate and other heat sensitive candy on Thursdays and Fridays to prevent exposure to heat over the weekend.
- We strongly recommend shipping your package to a location where someone is available to bring it inside, like a business location.
- We provide cool packs, free of charge, to customers who elect expedited shipping.
- If you elect ground shipping, you can still purchase ice packs for your shipment here, however, we cannot guarantee the ice packs will last the duration of your package’s transit.
- We are not responsible for melted candy and cannot provide refunds.
- We ship from Southern California, so packages shipped long distances via UPS Ground will be exposed to weather conditions along the way. Click here for a US Temperature Map
- California customers are not required to select an expedited shipping method for meltable product as UPS Ground Delivery takes only 1-2 business days for shipping.
- We strongly encourage California customers to purchase ice packs when ordering heat sensitive candy, particularly if temperatures are above 75 degrees.
- We reserve the right to not ship chocolate and other heat sensitive candy on Thursdays or Fridays to prevent exposure to heat over the weekend.
Tips to Save Money on Expedited Shipping
- For large orders, we recommend splitting your order in two – one order that includes all heat sensitive candy shipped with expedited shipping and the second portion via UPS Ground.
Temptation Candy is not responsible for damage to any candy due to heat, regardless of the shipping method chosen. We do not provide refunds for melted candy.
General Shipping Information:
- As of Jan 1, 2012, we ship out of Los Angeles, California.
- We offer $9.99 flat rate ground shipping on orders with value of $75
- Orders with value of less than $75 are charged actual shipping costs.
- We ship exclusively via UPS.
- Please allow us 1-2 days for us to process your order.
- Orders placed on Friday will most likely go out on the following Monday.
- Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will go out to UPS either on the following Monday or Tuesday.
- UPS Ground DOES NOT transport or deliver packages on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays.
- Sorry, we currently DO NOT ship internationally or to APOs or FPOs.
- We DO NOT offer $9.99 flat rate ground shipping to Alaska or Hawaii.
Do You Need Your Candy by a Certain Date?
- Please review the above information about processing time, the information below about 2nd Day and Next Day Shipping options and the UPS map above regarding estimated time in transit to make the best decision for your shipping.
- Please understand that sending us a note with your order stating that ‘I need my order by Friday’ is not sufficient or constitute a guarantee that it will arrive in time.
- If you are having trouble estimating delivery time and need assistance in selecting the best shipping option, please contact us via email or phone and we will gladly help.
2nd Day and Next Day Shipping Information:
- 2nd Day or Next Day Air DOES NOT transport or deliver packages on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays.
- Please allow us 24 hours to process your order:
- An order placed for Next Day Air on Friday at 5pm WILL NOT arrive on Monday!
- If you place your order on Friday, Saturday or Sunday and elect 2nd Day or Next Day Air your package will be delivered to UPS on Monday.
- If you place your order Monday through Thursday and select 2nd Day or Next Day Air it will be delivered to UPS the following day.
- If you need a rush order (as in delivered to UPS the same day), please email or call us first to see if we can accommodate.
Change of Address Information:
- If your candy order HAS NOT shipped and you need to change the delivery address of your candy please email or call us ASAP with the new address.
- If your candy order HAS already shipped and you need to change the delivery address you must pay the UPS Change of Address Fee of $11.00.
- According to UPS, the following count as a change of address:
- Adding a missing apartment #, floor #, suite #, unit #, etc.
- Altering the apartment #, floor #, suite #, unit #, etc.
- Correcting a transposed street address (example 1023 Main St vs. 1203 Main St).
- Sorry, we cannot absorb the UPS Change of Address fee as well as offer flat rate ground shipping.
Undeliverable Package Information:
If your candy order is delivered back to us due to an incorrect address provided by the purchaser (such as a missing apt # or transposed street address) we provide you 2 options:
- You can elect to CANCEL your order, but you will be charged a $10 Return to Sender Shipping Fee plus a 10% restocking fee.
- If can elect to have your candy order SHIPPED again, but you are responsible to pay the $10.00 Return to Sender Shipping Fee plus the secondary shipping charges (e.g. $9.99 for Ground Shipping).
- Sorry, we cannot absorb the UPS Return to Sender Shipping Fee as well as offer flat rate ground shipping.